Nasi Kandar is a popular northern Malaysian dish, which originates from Penang. It is a meal of steamed rice which can be plain or mildly flavored, and served with a variety of curries and side dishes. The word Nasi Kandar, came about from a time when nasi (rice) hawkers or vendors would kandar (balance) a pole on the shoulder with two huge containers of rice meals. The name has remained and today the word Nasi Kandar is seen on most Tamil Muslim or "Malaysian Mamak" restaurants and Indian-Muslim stall meals.
A 24-hour restaurant, Line Clear Nasi Kandar’s food tempts us with its ‘limited-time’ offerings. It is located in a narrow alleyway along Jalan Penang, with wooden tables and chairs, slightly near open drains. Don’t let that put you off though! In all honesty the food here is phenomenal. For a plate of rice, fried chicken, telur dadar (sunny side up omelette), vegetables and ‘kuah banjir’ (a mix of gravies), makes the whole meal that much more satisfying. There is an impressive amount of hype about their daily specials (ranging from fish head curry to beef gravy) and the extensive praise is clearly warranted. Adding to the whole value-for-money aspect of Line Clear Nasi Kandar is the fact that the food served comes in generous portions. Weekends will see people in long queues waiting patiently.
Friday, 9 December 2016
Line Clear Nasi Kandar,George Town.
- ► 2018 (156)
- ► 2017 (110)
- Tip Diet Permulaan Untuk Pesakit Hemodialisis-Bua...
- Rita Rudaini Masak Tomyam Seafood
- Jalan Jalan Cari Makan 2
- Jalan Jalan Cari Makan 1
- Minah Jepun Kuat Makan part 1
- Jakarta Street Food - HUGE Indonesian Lamb Fried R...
- #SeleraBajet: Ikan Bakar Mak Minang.
- #SeleraBajet: Gerai Pak Lang Ikan Bakar.
- Mengantuk Teruk Lepas Makan Ikan Bakar Jalan Bella...
- Best Pizza in New York City
- WARONG HUNTER | PALMA CHAR KOETEOW PENANG
- NASI LAN KEDAH SHAH ALAM | WARONG HUNTER
- Ini Lokasi Makan Tengahari RM3 Di Bangsar
- Rebut Ikan Patin Masak Tempoyak
- Kari Kepala Ikan Hunt Kuala Lumpur
- Line Clear Nasi Kandar,George Town.
- Nasi Kandar in Penang: Insanely Good Curry at Res...
- New York City Food Tour : Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pastr...
- No Reservations in Saudi Arabia 5/5
- No Reservations in Saudi Arabia 4/5
- No Reservations in Saudi Arabia 2/5
- No Reservations in Saudi Arabia 1/5
- ( No Reservations ) in Jeddah City, Saudi Arabia P...
- ▼ December (23)