(Day 11 of the Round the World for Food Trip):
Today was a little bit different.
Just the day before the attempted coup, my wife and I had had the most amazing Istanbul food tour (watch that video here: http://adf.ly/1kFD6s), wandering around the city, visiting the Grand Bazaar, meeting dozens of friendly people and having fantastic conversations and delicious Turkish food. And in fact, on the night of the 15th, before the attempted Turkish coup d'état took place, we ate dinner at a restaurant just a stone's throw from the Bosphorus Bridge (where many of the events of the coup unfolded in Istanbul).
Due to the situation of the Turkish coup attempt and not really knowing what all was going on in Istanbul, my wife and I made the decision to just camp out in the hotel for the whole day. We were grateful to have a safe place to stay.
My heart and thoughts go out to all the people of Turkey, and Istanbul is truly one of the most breathtaking city, in terms of history, culture, people, and food, that I’ve ever visited, and my opinions have not changed.
Again, you can read my full thoughts about safety traveling to Turkey on my Istanbul travel guide:http://adf.ly/1kFD0a
Stay tuned for Day 12: The immediate day after the failed Turkish coup d'état attempt, my wife and I went out and had another one of the most memorable food days in Istanbul!
Tuesday, 21 February 2017
Lamb Chops and Safety Tips during the Attempted Coup in Istanbul
- ► 2018 (156)
- Lamb Chops and Safety Tips during the Attempted Co...
- Khao Soi Islam (ร้านข้าวซอยอิสลาม) - Best Thai Bir...
- Most Insane Doner Kebab in Istanbul (and Turkish A...
- Amazing Turkish Food and Attractions in Istanbul!
- The Ultimate Istanbul Food Tour (Balık Ekmek, Koko...
- Arabic Lamb & Rice Food to Wow Your 5 Guests | وص...
- Make Mandi Smoked Rice like a Pro | مندي بل دجاج
- Indian Street Food Tour in Old Delhi, India | BEST...
- Best Cooking | Resepi Spaghetti Tuna Aglio Olio
- Spicy Chilli Chicken Semi Gravy Recipe - Restauran...
- #SeleraBajet: Asam Pedas Sejati Melaka.
- Prawn Recipe - Indian Spicy Prawn Masala Recipe | ...
- #SeleraBajetMelaka Asam Pedas Claypot Kota Laksamana
- ▼ February (13)