Along with Tere, we went to Restoran Ikan Tude Bakar in Jakarta to have a meal of Manado food. Indonesian Manado food is know for being spicy and full of flavor, and after trying it for the first time, it’s exactly my kind of food. We ordered a bunch of different dishes including cakalang rabe, dry fish with chili, goropa woku, a fish curry with lots of turmeric and chilies, bubur Manado, a type of Manado style rice congee porridge, ayam rica rica, chicken in a thick spice filled and herb sauce, and tude bakar, grilled mackerel. All the dishes were incredibly delicious, but the dish I probably liked the most was the goropa woku, which included pieces of grouper in a sauce that was absolutely packed with turmeric, chilies, onions, and lemon basil. It was a truly outstanding dish. After eating at Ikan Tude Bakar, I’m a huge fan of Indonesian Manado food.
After we finished with lunch we then took a dive over to a legendary ice cream shop called Ragusa Es Italia, located very close to the National Monument. The shop was very old and classic. Outside the ice cream store there were also a few street food carts, and so along with having some ice cream, we also had a plate of asinan Betawi.
Resep Ikan Woku Belanga khas Manado
1 kg grouper fish head or whole grouper fish (Ikan kerapu, you can replace with red snapper/ ikan kakap merah, ikan mas/grass carp fish or ikan mujair/tilapia)
2 tbsp calamansi lime juice (you can replace with lemon juice)
1 kaffir lime leaves (daun jeruk purut), deveined
1 cup lemon basil leaf (daun kemangi)
4 lemongrass (sereh), take the soft white part only, thinly slice
7 cm pandan leaf (daun pandan), tide up
1/2 turmeric leaf (daun kunyit), tide up
1 cup coconut milk (santan)
2 cups water (air)
1 tomato (tomat), diced
2 tbsp vegetable oil(minyak sayur)
salt and pepper to taste
a pinch of sugar (gula)*optional
Resep Bumbu Ikan Woku Belanga Spice Paste Recipe:
12 shallots (bawang merah)
6 cloves garlic (bawang putih)
6 cayenne pepper (cabe merah)
6 or more bird eye chilli (cabe rawit)
1 tsp HOMEMADE GARAM MASALA SPICE MIXTURE (bubuk kari)
4 cm ginger (jahe)
3 cm galagal (lengkuas)
4 cm turmeric (kunyit)
4 candlenuts (kemiri)
season the fish head with kalamansi limes juice, salt ang pepper, set aside
Heat up the 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom sauce pan, saute the spice paste with a low heat until the spice is throughly cooked. Visual aspect is the key! the oil is slowly separated and formed in the edge when it throughly cooked.
Add lemongrass, pandan leaves, turmeric leaves, kaffir lime leaves, asam gelugur, tomato . Stir another minutes.
Pour the coconut oil and water, bring to boil.
Reduce the heat and cook until the coconut milk is throughly cook and adjust the taste, keep stirring
Add the grouper fish hesd and simmer unti the fish is cooked, keep gently pouring the woku broth over and over again to the fish head to make it properly cooked and the spice is properly penetrated to the fish flesh.
Turn off the heat and put the lemon basil leaves https://dentistvschef.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/resep-woku-ikan-belanga-khas-manado-manadonese-spicy-fish-curry-soup/
Thursday, 6 July 2017
Manado Food at Ikan Tude Bakar Restaurant in Jakarta
- ► 2018 (156)
- HALAL ENGLISH BREAKFAST
- Visiting with Huell Howser: Halal Food
- Why Halal-Grade Meat Is More Humane And Better Tas...
- Muslim dan Makanan Halal di China
- Istanbul Street Food Kofte and Breakfast on Turkis...
- Incredible Omani Food and Attractions in Muscat (C...
- Indian Chicken Masala Recipe by Lalit Kumar | Spic...
- Mutton Recipes: Spicy Mutton Curry Home Style | By...
- Thai Steamed Fish With Lime and Garlic Recipe (ปลา...
- Beluga Caviar is Black Gold: MUNCHIES Guide to Teh...
- Friendly Indonesian Street Food: Nasi Gule Solo
- Sate Padang Ajo Ramon - Indonesian Street Food in ...
- Indonesian Oxtail Soup (Sop Buntut)!
- Fried Crispy Catfish (Pecel Lele) at Permata Mubar...
- Insanely Spicy Grilled Chicken (Ayam Taliwang)
- Indonesian Street Food Sop Kaki Kambing - EXTREME ...
- Amazing Fried Duck and Sambal at Bebek Goreng H. S...
- Manado Food at Ikan Tude Bakar Restaurant in Jakarta
- Indonesian Sate (Satay) - AMAZING Indonesian Stree...
- Nasi Padang - Amazing Beef Rendang and Gulai Otak!
- Bubur Ayam Barito: Chicken Rice Porridge in Jakarta
- ▼ July (21)