One for the many famous Indonesian foods, especially common at warungs and street food stalls is pecel lele, which is deep fried catfish. The catfish are usually pretty small, and they are lightly seasoned before being deep fried to a complete crisp.
Permata Mubarok 1 specializes in all sorts of deep fried things, and pecel lele is just one of them. They also had deep fried chicken and organs, and even deep fried napa cabbage - something that I had never eaten like this before. We ordered up a selection of different deep fried items, including some pecel lele, the deep fried catfish. And you could either order plain rice or nasi uduk, which is coconut fragrant rice, and I went with nasi uduk.
Finally, pecel lele wouldn’t be the same without sambal (chili sauce). They had a couple different versions of sambal, one was more sweet and the other was more just straight up chilies and garlic pounded into a beautiful condiment.
You’ll find pecel lele all over Jakarta and Indonesia and it makes a popular and pretty tasty meal.
Thursday, 13 July 2017
Fried Crispy Catfish (Pecel Lele) at Permata Mubarok 1
- ► 2018 (156)
- HALAL ENGLISH BREAKFAST
- Visiting with Huell Howser: Halal Food
- Why Halal-Grade Meat Is More Humane And Better Tas...
- Muslim dan Makanan Halal di China
- Istanbul Street Food Kofte and Breakfast on Turkis...
- Incredible Omani Food and Attractions in Muscat (C...
- Indian Chicken Masala Recipe by Lalit Kumar | Spic...
- Mutton Recipes: Spicy Mutton Curry Home Style | By...
- Thai Steamed Fish With Lime and Garlic Recipe (ปลา...
- Beluga Caviar is Black Gold: MUNCHIES Guide to Teh...
- Friendly Indonesian Street Food: Nasi Gule Solo
- Sate Padang Ajo Ramon - Indonesian Street Food in ...
- Indonesian Oxtail Soup (Sop Buntut)!
- Fried Crispy Catfish (Pecel Lele) at Permata Mubar...
- Insanely Spicy Grilled Chicken (Ayam Taliwang)
- Indonesian Street Food Sop Kaki Kambing - EXTREME ...
- Amazing Fried Duck and Sambal at Bebek Goreng H. S...
- Manado Food at Ikan Tude Bakar Restaurant in Jakarta
- Indonesian Sate (Satay) - AMAZING Indonesian Stree...
- Nasi Padang - Amazing Beef Rendang and Gulai Otak!
- Bubur Ayam Barito: Chicken Rice Porridge in Jakarta
- ▼ July (21)