Indonesian sate (also spelled satay) is one of the most famous Indonesian foods, and there are many different types of sate available in Indonesia.
In this video, I went to a famous street food stall in South Jakarta, called Sate Ayam and Kambing H. Romli, that specializes in Sate Madura. I could smell the aroma of the smoke and the sate before I arrived, and I couldn’t wait to try it.
In order to make this type of Indonesian sate, the chicken and goat were pre marinated in lots of kecap manis and other spices, and then I think they were already pre-cooked a little bit. Then when they made the bathes of sate, they put a huge handful of the skewered meat on the grill, on a very high heat fire, and grilled them for a few minutes on either side. That’s one of the tricks of making Indonesian sate - making sure the fire is very hot, like flaming hot, to give the meat a wonderful smoky roasted flavor. And also that sweet soy sauce sort of caramelizes onto the meat as well.
At Sate H. Romli they had both chicken (ayam) and kambing (goat), and so Ying and I got a plate of each. The sate ayam came in a peanut sauce with rice cakes on the top and then it was also served with a side of chili sambal sauce as well. The sate kambing was in more of a sweet soy sauce and also served with rice cakes on top to make it a complete meal. It also came with some diced up chilies and shallots sprinkled on top. Both the chicken and goat Indonesian sate were really, a little on the sweet side, but tasted extremely good. I think overall I preferred the chicken sate at this place, as it was tender and juicy and I enjoyed it with the peanut sauce and the sambal chili sauce. In addition to great Indonesian sate in Jakarta, the crew at Sate H. Romli are all very nice and friendly.
Wednesday, 5 July 2017
Indonesian Sate (Satay) - AMAZING Indonesian Street Food in Jakarta!
- ► 2018 (156)
- HALAL ENGLISH BREAKFAST
- Visiting with Huell Howser: Halal Food
- Why Halal-Grade Meat Is More Humane And Better Tas...
- Muslim dan Makanan Halal di China
- Istanbul Street Food Kofte and Breakfast on Turkis...
- Incredible Omani Food and Attractions in Muscat (C...
- Indian Chicken Masala Recipe by Lalit Kumar | Spic...
- Mutton Recipes: Spicy Mutton Curry Home Style | By...
- Thai Steamed Fish With Lime and Garlic Recipe (ปลา...
- Beluga Caviar is Black Gold: MUNCHIES Guide to Teh...
- Friendly Indonesian Street Food: Nasi Gule Solo
- Sate Padang Ajo Ramon - Indonesian Street Food in ...
- Indonesian Oxtail Soup (Sop Buntut)!
- Fried Crispy Catfish (Pecel Lele) at Permata Mubar...
- Insanely Spicy Grilled Chicken (Ayam Taliwang)
- Indonesian Street Food Sop Kaki Kambing - EXTREME ...
- Amazing Fried Duck and Sambal at Bebek Goreng H. S...
- Manado Food at Ikan Tude Bakar Restaurant in Jakarta
- Indonesian Sate (Satay) - AMAZING Indonesian Stree...
- Nasi Padang - Amazing Beef Rendang and Gulai Otak!
- Bubur Ayam Barito: Chicken Rice Porridge in Jakarta
- ▼ July (21)