When I was in Jakarta, one of the Indonesian dishes I was recommended to try wat Ayam Taliwang, a type of grilled chicken that originates from the island of Lombok, and is famous for being incredibly spicy. When I heard grilled chicken and incredibly spicy, I knew ayam bakar Taliwang was something I needed to eat.
In Jakarta, I searched and found a restaurant called Ayam Taliwang Rinjani, and so one day for lunch my wife and I headed over there… little did I know I would have a near life changing grilled chicken experience.
There were a couple of different types of grilled chicken you could order, including a sweet version, a spicy version, and the extra super pedas spicy version. We ordered one of each - the chickens were spring chickens so they were small and you can easily eat one or two whole chickens yourself. At the front of Ayam Taliwang Rinjani, they had a glass cabinet full of partially grilled chickens. Then as soon as you order, they take a chicken, cover it in whatever sauce you chose, and then put it back on the grill. The super extra pedas (meaning super extra spicy), was dunked in a bucket of sambal chili sauce and oil, and then put on the grill. When it was finished, there was literally about a 1 cm thick coating of chilis all over the chicken.
Ayam bakar Taliwang proved to be one of my ultimate favorite Indonesian dishes. The chicken itself was extremely flavorful and bursting with juices, and because it was grilled on a high heat it additionally had a nice flame flavor. But the greatest thing about the chicken was the incredible amount of chilies piled on top. It was truly a chicken changing experience!
Resepi Ayam Bakar Taliwang Khas Lombok
Bahan-bahan Ayam Bakar Taliwang:
• 1 ekor ayam/ayam kampung- belah 2
• 1 biji limau nipis
• 1 sudu makan garam
• 1-2 makan minyak untuk menumis
• 3 sudu makan minyak masak/marjerin
• 2 helai daun limau purut
• 10 biji bawang merah
• 5 biji bawang putih
• 7 biji cili merah
• 5 biji cili api - kalau nak pedas boleh tambah lagi
• 1 sudu teh belacan-di bakar
• 1 sudu makan gula merah/gula melaka
1 sudu teh garam
• 1 buah tomato besar
CARA MEMBUAT Ayam Bakar Taliwang:
1. Basuh bersih dan kelar-kelar badan ayam dan lumuri ayam dengan jus limau nipis dan garam. Ketepikan.
2. Tumis bahan kisar yang dihaluskan dengan minyak. Kacau rata sehingga naik minyak.
3. Masukkan ayam dan lumuri hingga ayam bersalut dengan rempah dan masak ayam sehingga setengah masak dan angkat.
4. Biarkan 1 jam agar bumbu meresap. Masukkan daun limau purut ke dalam perut ayam.
4. Bakar ayam di atas bara api (lagi sodap) atau oven dengan suhu 180-200C sambil diolesi rempah dan margarine cair. Balik ayam agar masak sekata dalam 30-45 minit atau sehingga ayam masak keperangan.
Tuesday, 11 July 2017
Insanely Spicy Grilled Chicken (Ayam Taliwang)
- ► 2018 (156)
- HALAL ENGLISH BREAKFAST
- Visiting with Huell Howser: Halal Food
- Why Halal-Grade Meat Is More Humane And Better Tas...
- Muslim dan Makanan Halal di China
- Istanbul Street Food Kofte and Breakfast on Turkis...
- Incredible Omani Food and Attractions in Muscat (C...
- Indian Chicken Masala Recipe by Lalit Kumar | Spic...
- Mutton Recipes: Spicy Mutton Curry Home Style | By...
- Thai Steamed Fish With Lime and Garlic Recipe (ปลา...
- Beluga Caviar is Black Gold: MUNCHIES Guide to Teh...
- Friendly Indonesian Street Food: Nasi Gule Solo
- Sate Padang Ajo Ramon - Indonesian Street Food in ...
- Indonesian Oxtail Soup (Sop Buntut)!
- Fried Crispy Catfish (Pecel Lele) at Permata Mubar...
- Insanely Spicy Grilled Chicken (Ayam Taliwang)
- Indonesian Street Food Sop Kaki Kambing - EXTREME ...
- Amazing Fried Duck and Sambal at Bebek Goreng H. S...
- Manado Food at Ikan Tude Bakar Restaurant in Jakarta
- Indonesian Sate (Satay) - AMAZING Indonesian Stree...
- Nasi Padang - Amazing Beef Rendang and Gulai Otak!
- Bubur Ayam Barito: Chicken Rice Porridge in Jakarta
- ▼ July (21)