In this Thai recipe video I had the pleasure of hanging out with Pai from Hot Thai Kitchen - she’s a chef, a food lover, and she also makes awesome videos on YouTube - especially Thai recipes. We decided to cook one of both of our favorite Thai seafood dishes, in Thai called pla kapong neung manao (ปลากะพงนึ่งมะนาว), and in English a steamed barramundi fish (also called Asian sea bass), with lime sauce, garlic, and chilies. It’s actually quite easy to make this, it just takes a fresh fish and a few other common ingredients. It’s simple and delicious.
Join us in the Bangkok street food kitchen for an amazing recipe, and a dish that’s sure to be a stunner! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
1 whole barramundi, about 1 - 2 kilos (or whatever size you can get) - you could also use a smaller fish if you’d like, or a different kind of fish
5 stalks of lemongrass
1 cup chicken stock or fish stock for the sauce
2 Tbsp finely chopped palm sugar
8 Tbsp lime juice
6 Tbsp fish sauce
2 head garlic, chopped
Thai chilies, to taste, finely chopped
20 - 25 sprigs cilantro, chopped
1- 2 stalks Chinese celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
For the method of making Thai steamed fish, make sure your watch the video for the complete tutorial, and also head over to the full recipe on the blog (http://www.eatingthaifood.com/). But really, all you have to do is steam the fish, mix the sauce ingredients all together, and then combine the plain steamed fish with the lime and chili garlic sauce, and you’ve got pla kapong neung manao (ปลากะพงนึ่งมะนาว).
Hope you can try this amazing steamed fish recipe at home!
Thursday, 20 July 2017
Thai Steamed Fish With Lime and Garlic Recipe (ปลากะพงนึ่งมะนาว)
- ► 2018 (156)
- HALAL ENGLISH BREAKFAST
- Visiting with Huell Howser: Halal Food
- Why Halal-Grade Meat Is More Humane And Better Tas...
- Muslim dan Makanan Halal di China
- Istanbul Street Food Kofte and Breakfast on Turkis...
- Incredible Omani Food and Attractions in Muscat (C...
- Indian Chicken Masala Recipe by Lalit Kumar | Spic...
- Mutton Recipes: Spicy Mutton Curry Home Style | By...
- Thai Steamed Fish With Lime and Garlic Recipe (ปลา...
- Beluga Caviar is Black Gold: MUNCHIES Guide to Teh...
- Friendly Indonesian Street Food: Nasi Gule Solo
- Sate Padang Ajo Ramon - Indonesian Street Food in ...
- Indonesian Oxtail Soup (Sop Buntut)!
- Fried Crispy Catfish (Pecel Lele) at Permata Mubar...
- Insanely Spicy Grilled Chicken (Ayam Taliwang)
- Indonesian Street Food Sop Kaki Kambing - EXTREME ...
- Amazing Fried Duck and Sambal at Bebek Goreng H. S...
- Manado Food at Ikan Tude Bakar Restaurant in Jakarta
- Indonesian Sate (Satay) - AMAZING Indonesian Stree...
- Nasi Padang - Amazing Beef Rendang and Gulai Otak!
- Bubur Ayam Barito: Chicken Rice Porridge in Jakarta
- ▼ July (21)